This job involves being the face and voice of the company by answering phones, greeting visitors and working with vendors and both internal and external customers behind the scenes. The best candidate will be an energetic, pleasant person with the ambition to complete tasks both accurately and timely; ready to backup tasks for both the Walton Hills and Twinsburg offices for order entry, production, and shipping while maintaining responsibilities in Accounts Payable.
- Processing Customer Orders (prior to production)
Input all new orders and prepare paperwork for production. Create and maintain production inventories in company database. Maintain production schedules and distribute to management as needed.
- Q/C and Production Entry (post production)
Check all quality paperwork from lines and QC office for every order against customer specs. Calculate production quantities and enter production of inventory into Mas. Enter same data into excel worksheets for trend analysis.
- Schedule Shipments:
Create release orders and process shipments to customers using various programs such as; SAGE and Microsoft Suite. Have an understanding of “usual/customary” freight charges. Maintain all documentation and databases.
- Invoicing AR:
Create and process all invoices while maintaining an organized filing system.
- Answer Phones
Answer phones and transfer calls to appropriate party. Relay messages. Track sales calls
- Open Mail / Greet Visitors
Open and/or distribute USPS, UPS/Fed Ex and Intercompany mail. Process Outgoing Fed Ex shipments through FedEx Module. Greet visitors, have them sign in (and out) and alert appropriate party. If applicable, set them up in the conference room.
- Administrative Support for Office, Sales and Production
Word or Excel documents; coordinate paperwork; filing; copies; set up new files; sales support
- Accounts Payable
Receive and review vendor invoices; obtain approval for payment; code and record in SAGE using data entry; run Cash Requirements; issue check runs; follow up with vendor statements; balance AP monthly for close
- Printing Labels & Production Forms
Print production forms and stickers upon request for managers & plant personnel
- Monitor Supplies
Order office and shop supplies for multiple locations upon request
- Replenish Coffee bar and check conference room neatness
Organize coffee bar and office break room; keep tidy for office staff & guests
- Assertive and driven, self-motivated, able to work independently for majority of the day
- Attentive to detail
- Regular and punctual attendance
- 3-5 years’ experience providing sales support in a manufacturing/distribution/production environment
- Above average communication skills both written and verbal
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite and general computer aptitude
- Mathematical aptitude
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Impeccable business etiquette
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adapt and respond to changing business needs
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience in business
- Minimum 3 years order entry & shipping experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- 3 years plastics industry experience preferred
- SAGE100 experience a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand: walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 lbs.
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full time non-exempt position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. with one hour for lunch.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
Walton Plastics, Inc., located in Northeast Ohio is one of North America’s most innovative and customer focused producers of rigid and flexible vinyl and flexible TPU (polyurethane) sheet.