This position will perform unskilled tasks on a production line and in the plant in general.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Follows instructions given by the production lead person.
- Counts out and sorts materials.
- Follows safety guidelines and regulations. Maintain a clean and organized work area. Take direction and see it through.
- Perform basic math.
- Communicate and work independently as well as in a group setting. Accurately read a schedule and measure per customer specifications. Accountable of own PPE
- Pulls and prepares materials for upcoming jobs Processes a large amount of paperwork Regular and punctual attendance
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management
- Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
Skills and Requirements
- ow motor driving experience a plus
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Proficient at basic math.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Able to communicate clearly with co-workers
- Able to lift up to 50#
- Able to perform light machine work is a plus
- Able to multitask and self-organize
- Must be able to handle a very high pace
- Must be good at organizing
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous experience in a production/manufacturing environment a plus but not a requirement
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Forklift Certification a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb, balance, and bend over. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Workboot reimbursement
Walton Plastics is a manufacturer of a broad range of rigid PVC sheets, flexible PVC, and TPU (Polyurethane) sheets from the highest quality resin compounds.