Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Routine and preventive maintenance on extruders and other related equipment.
- Installation and repair of equipment.
- Building maintenance.
- Fabrication of equipment and functional parts.
- Toolroom up keep and parts inventory.
- Routine maintenance on granulators.
- Routine maintenance on tow motors.
- Assemble/install and or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery and equipment.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years’ experience
- Know and understand basic safety and power tools
- Mathematical aptitude
- Electrical aptitude including wiring systems, pumps, motors and knowledge of 110v, 240v, 480v, single and three phase and basic PLC’s
- Knowledge base in building maintenance, carpentry, plumbing and equipment maintenance including pneumatics and hydraulics.
- Ability to lift up to 50-75 lbs
- Ability to operate forklifts and overhead cranes
- Able to fabricate metal equipment and functional parts
- Ability to use oxy-acetate torches and welding units including Arc and Mig welders
- Ability to read and understand micrometers, tape measures, calipers and other measuring instruments
- Able to multi-task and self-organize
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to communicate and coordinate with others
- Able to install, service and rebuild pumps including fluid, vacuum and hydraulic pumps
- Able to install, service and rebuild gear boxes, sprockets, bearings, gears and other energy transferring equipment.
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- Regular and punctual attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 150 pounds with help. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines, or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear. This position requires moderate physical exertion.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5pm with one hour for lunch. Occasional overtime may be needed.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Fork lift Certification a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus
- Any certification pertaining to electrical building and machinery maintenance is a plus
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Workboot reimbursement
Walton Plastics is a manufacturer of a broad range of rigid PVC sheets, flexible PVC, and TPU (Polyurethane) sheets from the highest quality resin compounds.