Summary: – The Quality Control Manager position develops, implements and manages quality control systems designed to ensure continuous production consistent with established standards, customer specifications and production goals.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Supervision of quality control technicians on a continuous basis.
- Quality assurance of extruded sheet products including appearance, thickness, functionality and dimensional aspects.
- Approval of incoming and outgoing products.
- Calibration of equipment and measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, color meter, gloss meters and tape measures.
- Implement and enforce quality and process procedures.
- Coordinate objectives with members of management and quality personnel to ensure customer expectations and specifications are met
- Training of quality personnel
- Conduct investigations and corrective actions to any non-conformance.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
- Perform internal and external Quality Audit. Archiving, filing, updating audit paperwork (ISO, QMS knowledge is a plus)
- Maintenance of Regulatory Compliance. Updating WPI forms.
- Certification COA, COC preparation.
- Upkeep of Safety Data Sheet SDS (updating internal files and filing external files)
- Color testing of incoming material (knowledge of CIE Lab would be a plus)
- Color training and upkeep of Standards (physical and digital archiving) Keeping up with industry updates for best practice.
- RMA Return Material Investigation
- Developing new QC procedures for new products, processes or revising existing QC testing (w/Management approval)
- Review, Investigating and performing corrective action regarding customer complaints.
Skills and Requirements
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist).
- Frequent standing, walking and lifting.
- Experience in some kind of plastic field a plus
- Able to manage, motivate, train, communicate with both current employees and trainees.
- Broad knowledge of equipment, production, material handling and quality control with safety considerations.
- Willing to work on production lines and troubleshoot/maintain equipment and engaging outside contractors for Certification of equipment, repair of equipment or recommendation for purchasing new equipment.
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Background in management
- Some travel between WPI locations
- Communicating with Supervisors, manager and accounting about production status.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Fork lift certification a plus
- Basic computer skills a plus (Excel, Word, Outlook)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
May work in an area that is very uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels or other conditions.
This position requires moderate physical exertion.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position and the hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 5pm with one hour for lunch. Occasional overtime may be needed.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
Walton Plastics, Inc., located in Northeast Ohio is one of North America’s most innovative and customer focused producers of rigid and flexible vinyl and flexible TPU (polyurethane) sheet.
Founded in 1992, Walton Plastics, Inc., Inc. offers unparalleled customer service, a dedication to plant-wide quality initiatives, advanced pvc sheet production capabilities, and superior technical competency.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.