Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Organize and delegate tasks to employees once trained on our equipment and procedures
- Ensure that extruders are running optimal and product is up to quality standards
- Participate in start up and tear down of the machines
- Organize and communicate between departments
- Ensure that personnel are working efficiently and effectively through follow-up and training
- Shop organization to ensure the flow of production and machine preparedness
- Training of personal
- Recording of shop logs and personnel information
- Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience in a lead or team management role.
- Must have leadership skills but be willing to learn/start as a machine operator. Tow motor driving experience
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read/understand specifications.
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist).
- Frequent standing, walking and lifting.
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous plastics experience is best for this position.
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Basic computer skills
- 2 – 5 years’ experience as a sheet extruder operator and 5 years as a supervisor in a plastics environment.
- Able to manage, motivate, train, communicate with both employees and management.
- Broad knowledge of equipment, production, material handling and quality control with safety considerations.
- Willing to work on to production lines and troubleshoot/maintain equipment.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
May work in an area that is very uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels or other conditions.
This position requires physical exertion.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position and the hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday. Overtime may be needed.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Work boot reimbursement
Walton Plastics is a manufacturer of a broad range of rigid PVC sheets, flexible PVC, and TPU (Polyurethane) sheets from the highest quality resin compounds.