Summary – Sets up and operates extrusion line to produce plastic sheets that meet customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
- Startup, set up, operate, and tend machine that extrudes thermoplastics to meet customer specifications and dimensions according to work orders.
- Load materials into the extruder and adjust feed mechanisms to set feed rates.
- Move controls to activate and adjust for extruding process.
- Observe machine operations, control boards, and gauges to detect any defective material or any machine malfunctions.
- Press the correct buttons to stop the machine when processes are complete or when malfunctions are detected.
- Responsible for detailed completion of work orders and production reports.
- Operator must always be mentally alert on the machine.
- Operator who is not alert runs a great risk of getting injured or injuring another employee. Training will include other duties on the production floor to help understand all positions and processes.
- Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management
Skills and Requirements
- Tow motor driving experience
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Mathematical aptitude
- Ability to read/understand specifications.
- Ability to read measuring devices such as ruler, caliper, dial indicator, micrometer and scale
- Manual dexterity and ability to use all hand tools in order to set up and operate extruder.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50-100 pounds. (Over 50 lbs. with an assist).
- Frequent standing, walking and lifting.
- Follow written safety procedures
- Previous extrusion experience and knowledge of plastic sheet extrusion process a plus.
- 3+ years as a machine operator, preferably in some kind of plastic environment (preferred)
- Regular and punctual attendance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move objects that weigh more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Requires special safety precautions such as working around moving parts, machines, or with irritant chemicals. Employees are required to use protective clothing or gear.
May work in an area that is very uncomfortable due to extreme temperature, noise levels, or other conditions. This position requires physical exertion.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position and the hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday. Overtime may be needed.
- High school diploma/GED minimum
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Basic and Voluntary life insurance
- Paid personal and vacation days
- Flexible spending account program
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Credit union membership
- 401k/profit sharing
- Workboot reimbursement
Walton Plastics is a manufacturer of a broad range of rigid PVC sheets, flexible PVC, and TPU (Polyurethane) sheets from the highest quality resin compounds.